Staying safe during Covid-19
Classylia is committed to the safety and well-being of all of its employees, customers, and third parties working with it. In order to ensure that our operations and services are safe, comprehensive risk assessments have been conducted. We follow guidance issued by the US Federal Government, and Public Health scientific advisors.
We have conducted comprehensive risk assessments of the services we provide to customers as well as our operating procedures, working practices, and workplaces throughout our organization.
A range of controls has been identified to manage the risks associated with transmission and cross-contamination of Covid-19. If the risk of Covid-19 cannot be controlled to an acceptable level, we have suspended these services and work activities.
We have implemented alternative solutions in areas where services can be provided safely. Risk assessments have been conducted in the following areas of the company:
- Pick-up stores
- Logistics and distribution
- Head offices and office environments
The risk assessments led to the implementation (where reasonably practicable) of the following controls:
- Where there is a high risk of transmission, we have suspended services and work activities
- We have updated cleaning, hand-washing, and hygiene procedures to reflect official guidelines
- We have made all reasonable efforts to maintain a distance of at least 2 meters in the workplace
- In cases where social distancing is impossible, we have taken steps to minimize transmission risks, such as limiting the number of customers in our pick-up locations, one-way pedestrian traffic systems, and sneeze screens
- We strongly recommend that our public-facing employees wear face-coverings, and we ask that those who come into our offices do the same
- We have updated the signage in the workplace and in pick-up locations to ensure that social distancing and hygiene standards are adhered to
- We have provided employees with information, instruction, and training in order to ensure the precautions required for preventing the spread of disease
- We are limiting the number of employees working in offices and encouraging employees to work from home
- We monitor how well controls are being implemented across the company, and we report compliance to the executive team
- We collect personal information for the purpose of supporting test and trace procedures.
The company’s safety department reviews and updates risk assessments weekly to ensure that controls are still applicable and effective. Additionally, it informs the company’s decision to ease restrictions and restart suspended services, while still minimizing transmission risks.
We will continue to monitor the impact of local restrictions and lockdowns across the US and keep our clients updated on how the restrictions will affect our services.
Need more information?